The healthiest recipe ever:
Low sugar (only 1/4 cup)
Used with light virgin olive oil
Airy, with a soft crumb.
If I manage to come up with a fruit frosting.. This is it. It's my new creation.
*All ingredients must be at room temperature*
1 cup of oat flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup of low fat milk
1/2 tablespoon of vinegar (I used white vinegar)
1/4 cup of light extra virgin olive oil
Method of preparation
1. Sift all of the dry ingredients together (except sugar) in a bowl.
2. Combine the sugar into the bowl of dry ingredients
3. In a separate bowl, mix the low fat milk together with the vinegar, leave it to stand for around a minute.
4. Pour the olive oil into the bowl of wet ingredients.
5. Make a well in the center of the bowl (which contains the dry ingredients), and pour the wet mixture in!
Remember not to over mix, just stir till traces of flour are no longer visible!
6. Bake them at 150 degrees c for 15 minutes (temperature depends on your oven, I preheated mine at 240 deg c before using it! I would recommend 150-180 deg c for no more than 20 minutes as a rough gauge!)
P.s: this recipe doesn't give the cupcake much structure, would be fine if you used this recipe for bakes in a jar, else I would suggest beating an egg in (haven't tried it though)! OR simply use 1/2 cup of all purpose flour and 1/2 cup of oat flour instead of 1 cup of oat flour! :-)